Talked to Alex Schumacher about his journey in comics, and the things that shape the way he sees comics, creativity, and the world. This interview runs pretty deep and explores syndicated comics, underground comics, the drive to create, politics, personal struggle, and living the creative life.
Bio: Alex Schumacher is an author/illustrator whose list of work includes THE UNEMPLOYMENT ADVENTURES OF AQUALUNG graphic novel for Arcana Studios (2013), THE WORLD’S CRUMMIEST UMBRELLA picture book for Wandering in the Words Press (2014), articles for Comicon.com, and storyboards for DreamWorks TV. His first collection of literary magazine comics, Defiling the Literati, was released in 2017 to rave reviews from such sites as Graphic Policy and Bleeding Cool.
Alex produced the weekly webcomic DECADES OF (in)EXPERIENCE for Antix Press between 2015-2021 and continues the monthly misadventures of MR. BUTTERCHIPS (est. 2016) for Drunk Monkeys. A collection of the latter was released by SLG Publishing in July 2020.
Alex is represented by Allison Hellegers of Stimola Literary Studio.
On the Internets:
- Official Website: https://alexschumacherart.com/
- Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUH3fmUgAhDJeC2I0jyaLGQ
- Alex on Twitter: @AJSchumacherart https://twitter.com/AJSchumacherart
- Alex on Instagram: @ajschumacherart https://www.instagram.com/ajschumacherart/
- Subscribe to Alex’s newsletter: https://alexschumacherart.us2.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=65b9da4f9d09eac8188fb65be&id=9a41de8130