Ricardo Delado is a legendary artist, having worked in both film and comics. He’s broken new ground on projects ranging from Star Trek to the Matrix. But his current project may be the most ambitious thing he’s ever attempted. Ricardo talks to Eva about Dracula of Transylvania, his career, and some of the unique challenges involved in creating diverse fiction in Victorian settings.
One of Hollywood’s leading conceptual designers, Ricardo Delgado, is about to unleash his bold and bloody take on the Prince of Darkness, just in time for the 90th anniversary of the release of Universal Studios’ Dracula.
Ricardo Delgado has been the storyboard artist and character designer for films including The Incredibles, Men in Black, and Wall-e, and his Age of Reptiles graphic novels are universally acclaimed for their stunning depiction of dinosaurs and prehistory. But Delgado’s latest creative endeavor may well be his most ambitious to date: a fresh and unsettling fully illustrated novel that reimagines Bram Stoker’s classic ghost story.
Delgado’s novel DRACULA OF TRANSYLVANIA, featuring more than 20 lavish illustrations and an introduction by Donald F. Glut, is now on Kickstarter from Clover Press.
- Find Ricardo’s Kickstarter at: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cloverpress/ricardo-delgados-dracula-of-transylvania
- Ricardo on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Delgadosaurus
- Ricardo’s Filmography on ImDb: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0217066/
- Eva Webb on Twitter – https://twitter.com/EvaIsAdorable
- Activity Page – https://titularcharacters.fun/issue24
- Support the show – https://www.buymeacoffee.com/evaisadorable
- Empress Luxiva on Twitter: https://twitter.com/EmpressLuxiva
- Patrick Turla on Twitter: https://twitter.com/paaaaat_riiick
- Titular Characters on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TitularPod
Also, don’t forget to check out https://twitter.com/EmeraldEnthusi1 and the Emerald Echo podcast!